Please keep your eyes on your own test, go with your gut instinct and truthfully answer yes or no to the following questions to find out if you have what it takes to be a parent…
1. Are you willing to be startled out of a sound sleep from crying, whining and/or repeated requests for cups of water every hour of the night and make sleeping through the night a distant memory?
2. Does scarfing down a half eaten chicken nugget, a few soggy french fries and a sip of chocolate milk sound like an appetizing and satisfying dinner?
3. Do you find wearing clothes stained with baby spitup, pureed peas and smeared with gobs of snot fashionable?
4. Did you ever have dreams of becoming a lifelong taxi driver who does receive pay, tips or any other form of thanks for all your hard work?
5. Can you manage to stay somewhat sane after listening to the latest teeny bopper song 118 times in a row?
6. Do you have a secure location within your house (ie: bathroom with a lock on the door) to attempt undisturbed phone calls?
7. Do you consider conquering mountain after mountain of laundry to be an enjoyable way to spend most, if not all, of your days?
8. Do you enjoy cleaning up the same exact mess in the same exact room a minimum of fifteen times a day?
9. Have you always wondered what it’d be like to have company each and every time you had to move your bowels, shower or shave?
10. Have you made it through questions 1-9 and are still entertaning the idea of reproducing?
If you answered no to one or more of the questions, you are NOT ready to become a parent. If so desired, please re-test in the near future to see if you have acquired what it takes to take on the most rewarding, yet challenging role of your life…Parenthood.